dimanche 20 juillet 2008

Tourism in Switzerland

OK, OK, holidays do not always have to be abroad... am I really saying that?? Yes, there are nice things to see in my own country. I must thank my foreign friends to come and visit, so that I can discover my own country as well. Although it must be said that I have been to all the 26 cantons/provinces.
This time, we went on a cruise on the little Lake of Thun (of course, I have to say "little" compared to our big Lake of Geneva). Sunny, quiet, relaxing. We also walked along the Lake and I must say that everything is well organised and made for everybody to feel at ease. Of course, there were still the odd Dutch tourists wearing orange T-shirt. Then we took the funicular up the Niesen. The tourist office calls this mountain "the Pyramid of Switzerland". The ride up is quite a challenge. There is a board explaining how steep the climb is and how the technology improved over the years to make it a faster ride. And from the top, the view over the Lake and over the mountains is breathtaking. Everywhere you look and it is beautiful. Come and see for yourself!

Aucun commentaire: