dimanche 31 août 2008

Burgdorf

The first question of the day was "how to get to Burgdorf?" A colleague proposed to go by bike. Crazy idea? Actually a nice one. So we went off for a 25 km ride through hilly, rural and tidy Berne province. It took us 2 and 1/2 hours... and was quite tiring. It was the first time for me to ride for such a long time - a good experience. And of course, I could not help asking myself how do professional riders do to climb those steep mountains day after day. There is an obvious answer... On the way, we stopped to buy blueberries and a friendly cat came to say hello. It would have liked to stay on my shoulder for much longer, but we still had some way to go.
The next question is "what to say about Burgdorf?" Well, that is a really tough one! I could probably go on for hours or I could be ironic. To keep it short, i will quote our guide, who said "Burgdorf is the city of schools". I think it is a good summary.The last question sounds: "is there a criminal in the house?" We visited the crime studio where we would play the investigators. It was both interesting and fun. There were around 14 cases to solve, thanks to several clues. Sounds easier than it was. The owner had all the experience to set up these cases, as he is a retired policeman.

Aucun commentaire: