samedi 1 janvier 2011

So far ... 26 % !

First happy new year! It did start very well. 2011 will certainly be rich in many more discoveries.
Indeed, the start of a new year is the occasion to look forward, and also backward. On this website: http://www.world66.com/myworld66/login?test=1&redirecturl=/community , you can generate your own map of the countries you visited. So I did tick the little boxes accordingly and this world map appeared.
The legend read: visited countries 58, which corresponds to 26% of the world total. Since the system does not weight countries according to their size, population, GDP or any complicated formula, it might seem little. There is lots of red on my map, but still there is a long way to go! This is fantastic - so much to look forward to.
The European map looks good indeed, except for the stretch from Poland to Bulgaria. It might take time to go there, especially when there are so many interesting and enjoyable European destinations to go back to.
The last map is the US states map. I concede that it looks pretty empty. Well then, it is a great coincidence that I am now in the USA. I already have plenty of ideas of places to visit. I will make sure to keep you posted. If I remember, I will post an updated map at the beginning of next year, and we will see which states have become "red states". For those who follow American politics, do not take this as an early indicator of Democratic success in upcoming elections.

Aucun commentaire: