samedi 17 juillet 2010

Good to be at home

Is it because I am soon leaving that here is another entry about my home province... Of course not, it is simply because it is the best province. Here is why? First, the transport are world class, with a train ride in which it takes 45 minitues to cover 20 kilometers. And then a telecabine that might be out of business next year, because of a small group of hyterical green fundamentalists.Second, the food is so tasty, light and delightful. A sort of mushroom pie for starters and then a toasted cheese with ham and egg for main course. Thankfully, there was a glass of white wine with it... I think I will not mention this to my doctor when he says next time that I should watch my diet to lower my cholesterol...
Third, a meal is incomplete without a nice dessert. And there I had the famous "gâteau des Ormonds". It reminded me of my childhood when my mother cooked it. Well, I must admit that my mother's recipe was better.
Fourth, the landscape was stunning. Here the view from the terrasse of the restaurant! When one looks closely, we should see the start of the glacier. Ok, with global warming it has shrunk a little bit.
Finally, the village has retained this traditional feel. For example, the school building is still more or less the same as for 80 years... Let's hope the content of learning has changed. Anyway, a charming little village that contributes to my province being the best. Keep it up!

Aucun commentaire: